Glass Cages Feedback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JG

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am shopping for a 125 gallon glass aquarium and Glass Cages will be in Hartford CT. next Weekend. The have 125's for $260 - a fairly good deal. My husband has said that he wil drive down to get an aquarium.

Question is ... has anyone ever used this company Glass Cages and if so is their product any good?

I have a 180 from them. I went to a show to see their quality before purchasing and they were right up my alley.

If you are looking for an aqaurium of good quality, good workmanship and excellent price, they are for you. If you are looking for a flawless showpiece, go somewhere else. You can expect to see a few minor places where the silicone was overused (better than under) and the corners may have a small air pocket or 2 in them. Most of the things some would call defects are in places you will never notice once the tank is set up. I must stress that all these are what I would consider minor blemishes, nothing I was concerned about in the least.

Also, if you want to pick one up at the show you must call him and tell him to bring it. Most of the pieces you will see at the show will already be sold.

One last note, the guy is not the best people person in the world. If you start questioning his warranty or product he will likely tell you to go away. Be polite and friendly and he is fine to deal with. He makes a good product, he stands behind his product, but he doesnt take to questioning well.

I ordered an acrylic 50gal tank to be used as a sump. Great price, prompt delivery, quality workmanship! I would recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom