Glass canopy questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuclear Queen

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want a glass canopy instead of a fluorescent hood, but I'm confused on how to fit the canopy over things like powerhead cords and a HOB filter?
Wouldn't there be a gap in the back where the glass can't fit flush with the tank because the cords need to come over the side?

The glass canopies I'm familiar with come in three parts: there are two glass panes connected by a plastic or rubber hinge. This covers about 80% of the top. There is also a plastic strip that slips onto the rear most glass pane. You should be able to make cutouts on the plastic strip to accommodate cords, tubing, heaters, filters, etc.

The glass canopies I'm familiar with come in three parts: there are two glass panes connected by a plastic or rubber hinge. This covers about 80% of the top. There is also a plastic strip that slips onto the rear most glass pane. You should be able to make cutouts on the plastic strip to accommodate cords, tubing, heaters, filters, etc.

OH okay that's perfect then! Thanks so much.

One more thing...I've had glass canopies from Marineland and Aqueon. The plastic strip from Marineland was easy to cut. I used regular scissors. The one from Aqueon was very hard to cut. I had to use tin snips (I use those to cut sheet metal).

One more thing...I've had glass canopies from Marineland and Aqueon. The plastic strip from Marineland was easy to cut. I used regular scissors. The one from Aqueon was very hard to cut. I had to use tin snips (I use those to cut sheet metal).
Yikes, alright then. Definitely going with the Marineland ones!

Back
Top Bottom