Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-20-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Glass Diffuser

I'm trying to decide where to place my glass diffuser. I know it should be low in the tank but I would like to place it behind a large rock. This would put it pretty close to my heater, will this be a problem and will it reduce the effectiveness of the diffuser?

Old 10-20-2005, 03:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
I dont see how it could be a problem.. heaters dont get all that hot from normal use IME

Old 10-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
That should work perfectly fine. If the water were too hot for the diffuser your tank would probably be boiling over right now
Old 10-20-2005, 08:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I believe it's pretty common knowledge that it should be in an area with moderate current. Please correct me if I'm wrong. . .

www.ErnestJohn.com
workfortheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you look at pictures of Takashi Amano's ADA aquariums you'll notice that he places his diffusers about midway up either the left- or right-hand side of his tanks beneath his water inflow/outflow. I'm not sure why he places it midway up rather than at the bottom but I'm sure he has a good reason for this. I'm assuming that the placement beneath inflow/outflow helps the CO2 enter the flow of water in the tank as workingfortheman suggested. In any case, you're not likely to go wrong emulating Mr. Amano

Tags
diffuser, glass

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com