glass on aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tabrew

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We recently bought a 130 gallon used aquarium. We are having trouble getting the hard water spots off. We have tried vinegar & using a razor. Any advice on how to get this off? Thanks

We recently bought a 130 gallon used aquarium. We are having trouble getting the hard water spots off. We have tried vinegar & using a razor. Any advice on how to get this off? Thanks

what exactly did you do with the vinegar? the best way imo is to get some new rags and soak them in vinegar, then attach it to the side of the tank and let it soak. i had to do this a few weeks ago with a used 55 you can use paper towels too but rags work better.

Thanks for the advice but sad to say that didn't work. Thanks again

hmmmm vinegar is all i know of then. might try baking soda and a scratchie pad

Try leaving it with the vinegar rags for a day or two. Just make sure they don't dry out. This worked for me....Glass is porous though, so it could be embedded.

Try a single edge razor blade being careful to keep it flat to the glass so you don't scratch the glass. This should get most of it then try the vinegar. Don't try this on a plastic tank.

Back
Top Bottom