Glass top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently bought a 75 gallon tank. The dimensions are about 48" x17" with a center brace. I made my own aquarium top out of acrylic which I quickly learned is not the best product to make a top out of. It started to buckle after a couple days. The ready made tops from Marineland and Versa-top seem like they won't fit properly. I measured the dimensions, and it looks like I need two 23 5/8" x 17." There is some room for overlap in the center brace. I know that these come with the plastic strip in the back, but that looks like it is still going to leave 3/4" in the back (plenty of room for a dwarf eel to fit through). What are my options?

Buy a thicker acrylic, or go to local glass shop n have em cut u a couple pieces. Make sure you tell em to drill a hole finger in each piece. If you don't mind you can just flip the one you got now upside down when it starts to buckle, but if you cut the same pieces out of 1/4" plexi it aint gonna buckle.

Would a thicker acrylic work? Would it not warp from the moisture?

Back
Top Bottom