Going over sump build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm just gonna wright (or type) my plan down so people with more experience with sumps can help me go over an work out the last wrinkles before I start to build it

So I plan to silicon in three chambers with gh silicon one an Plexiglass sheets. The first one will be my equipment including my skimmer chamber. This will then run a bubble trap an then pour over into a egg crate ledge that will then store my media. The water will then flow threw my fuge an into my chamber with my sump.

I will be using a 980g mag pump which three ft. Of over head. I plan to plumb with 1in clear vinyl tubing. I was talking to my father an he suggested go with a smaller type of tubing on my return I order to keep the pressure an such up an create a heavy flow. Is this wise?

Also how would too build a diy over flow. What I've been thing about is taking a food grade black 5 gallon an cutting it to the angel I need then siliconing it in. Place

Also how would too build a diy over flow. What I've been thing about is taking a food grade black 5 gallon an cutting it to the angel I need then siliconing it in. Place

I would recommend that instead of the DIY overflow that you drill the tank. It's much much more reliable.

I am drilling, I just have no idea what to put around the bulkhead on my drain line. I don't want fish or anything getting sucked in or anuthing

Awesome! I keep seeing people with large black plastic overflow inside their tanks an assumed that I needed one also

Awesome! I keep seeing people with large black plastic overflow inside their tanks an assumed that I needed one also

img_3249037_0_87d35b5e88bb730b5716293230abcbac.jpg

Those are corner Overflows. People commonly use them for tanks that have drilled bottoms to hide the plumbing and set the water level of the tank. I have one on my tank myself.

For tanks that are drilled on the side of the tank they are useless.

Back
Top Bottom