Good cover for my 20 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shirleyi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am losing about a gallon and a half of water in my tank from evaporation every three days . Reason is some parts of the tank is open by the filter and tubing I have running out the top for aeration stones .Are there any good tank covers someone can recommend that would have the area around the filter enclosed as well as the areas where I have to bring the tubing out on top that leads to the pump ? This Is two much water to have to keep on dumping back in every few days :thanks:

Glass top and cut the smallest holes in the back as possible. Obviously the filter will need to have a cut out, the hoses you could maybe drill holes the same size in the plastic and run them through?

Wow.. most my tanks are wide open at the top and Im not losing that much. The glass top mentioned above is probably your best bet. I have one on my crayfish tank (because they're wily escape artists) and was able to custom cut the little plastic part in the back for my filter and air hose using a dremel.

Knowing nothing about the temperature setting and photo period for your tank, I would say consider turning down the temperature and/or reducing the amount of time your lights are on.

Back
Top Bottom