Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so after buying a tank with a horrible seal and throwing out the tank. It was in pretty bad shape with a lot of scratches and chips. Whatever though i got a fluval 205, stand and a few decorations for 150$. Sucked but lesson learned: Don't let excitement get the best of you.

Ok so after searching i came across and ad. It comes with the tank, hood, neons, table/stand, filter, heater, gravel, automatic feeder(won't use tho), 4 decorations, a BUNCH of products and chemicals, breeding nest, PH kit, siphon, food and 2 nets. ALL FOR 150$

Here a few pictures. I emailed the seller asking for close ups of the silicone since i don't drive YET ;) i try to get them to deliver so i can't really check out the tank first. Luckily the seller is near by so it won't be to bad. This time i won't freak over the goodies it came with and focus more with the tank. Hopefully they'll send me close ups. Anyways here are a few pictures from the ad.

Full set | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

products | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Tank on stand/table | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Also please help me with my stand: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f60/question-on-a-stand-last-one-160585.html

It looks like a 29g but could be wrong, but for that price I'd pass. If your patient enough you'll know when your getting a deal since you will feel like stealing and feel guilty sometime...at least I do.

She says it a 30G so its likely a 29. I still have to ask for dimensions. Anyways here in canada people ask for outrageous prices and same for petshops. Ask anyone. Just a 30G here is 80$+ for us this would be considered a steal.

Oscarr19 said:
She says it a 30G so its likely a 29. I still have to ask for dimensions. Anyways here in canada people ask for outrageous prices and same for petshops. Ask anyone. Just a 30G here is 80$+ for us this would be considered a steal.

Absolutely right sad but true I sold my 10 gallon split Betta tank and stand for 120$ and it sold in a few hours on Kijiji and I just got 150$ for a 33 gal with canopy nothing else again less then a day my 80 gallon cost me 200$ it was in great shape but from the 100+ 80 gallon tanks on Kijiji it was the best deal

Living in Nova Scotia sucks sometimes lol

Haha good to know I'm not the only one who suffers from that :D

I agree with hukit, that's really expensive for that here. But it may be different where you live. I wouldn't factor in all the 'extras', used stuff like nets, gravel vac, and decor really isn't worth much.

That stuff is pretty expensive here aswell. The bottle of chemicals in the picture here go for around 20$ each. Thats why I just stick with a water conditioner. Extras are nice. I mean I probably will add the cycle and waste remover as it says I should. Even if I don't need it atleast it won't go to waste.

Oscarr19 said:

God so true, seen a 30gal with some low quality gear and regular hood without a stand, it was 180$, on the south shore on NS it's highway robbery for 55gals and under but at least our big tanks are cheaper lol seen a 150g I believe for $500 and a 55g was $400, there forcing us to buy the beast tanks lol o well I'll take it. If I ever find the dollar a gallon people talk about on here I'm calling u-haul up for a cube van muhahaha

dollabill420 said:
God so true, seen a 30gal with some low quality gear and regular hood without a stand, it was 180$, on the south shore on NS it's highway robbery for 55gals and under but at least our big tanks are cheaper lol seen a 150g I believe for $500 and a 55g was $400, there forcing us to buy the beast tanks lol o well I'll take it. If I ever find the dollar a gallon people talk about on here I'm calling u-haul up for a cube van muhahaha

Haha yea I'm sticking with a 30G and my 5G Betta tank for atleast a year before I get a 75G for an Oscar. Might purchase another 5G or a nice 8G with a CO2 diffuser I saw at my LFS along the way.

ryan-peddle said:
Absolutely right sad but true I sold my 10 gallon split Betta tank and stand for 120$ and it sold in a few hours on Kijiji and I just got 150$ for a 33 gal with canopy nothing else again less then a day my 80 gallon cost me 200$ it was in great shape but from the 100+ 80 gallon tanks on Kijiji it was the best deal

Living in Nova Scotia sucks sometimes lol

Lol I bet ya any money I've sent ya an email before asking questions I was lining a trip up from the south shore with a truck to Halifax to drain the Kijiji ads and come back with my bounty, had to get multiple people lined up on the same day to meet me just this side of Halifax on the city limits it got complicated lol. Don't drive in the city very well and a truck full of glass with a nervous driver doesn't sound like a fun day :p

Hey just curious how much is a 32G kit in the US? 200$ here in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom