Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good Deal? 72 Gallon bowfront.

alright I may have found the tank i want to get. a local guy has it. its a 72 gallon bowfront with factory overflow and corner drilled for the return. comes with a stand, hood, pacific coast imports genx gx6000 return pump, koralia 4 powerhead, 4XT5HO w/Workhorse 7 Ballast lighting, and an extra 29 gallon tank to make a sump/fuge out of.

here are some pics. comes with everything you see.

here is the explanation to the pics the seller sent me.

So explanation of some of the pics. You can see the rubbermaid I am running now. With the pump and plumbing. Then I wired it so there is one plug in and then a power center with switches all wired underneath. Took a side pic too so you could get a better idea of that also a close up of the back and the coraline and also a few mushrooms that are stuck to the back. The last is the empty 29 gallon I was going to put underneath there.

he wants $400 for all of the above. what do you guys think? good deal?

Old 11-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Can't comment on the tank as I'm a freshie but I would recommend replacing whatever starts that chain of outlets with a GFCI and feed the rest from there.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Only thing I can say with 100% confidence is that the electrical work is a fire hazard and very dangerous. No face plates and no GFI's.

Just re read the post. That's your wiring? I would re do that and that's near a water source? Very dangerous.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would maybe pass, $400is a little steep. You can get a 125gal double overflow with stand for $300. So really you are paying for the lights and Powerhead, I would ask for $250.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

no not my wiring. just copied what the seller said in an email when he sent me the pics. and yeah the wiring definitely needs to be redone and will get fixed if i end up with the tank.

Tags
2 gallon, 72 gallon, 72 gallon bowfront, bowfront

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com