Good silent Pump for Sump/Fuge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diveintoapool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20g tank with a 10 gallon sump. I plan on getting the Eshopps-PF-300-Overflow-Box.
It is rated at 300 gph, so I wanted to see if I needed something to maintain at least 300gph to maintain the siphon. I am pretty new to this.
Will a Eheim 1000 compact pump work? It is rated for 296 GPH. The distance between the sump and tank is less than 3 feet.

Thanks!

I'm not too sure about overflow boxes, but can attest to the pump. I have an Eheim compact+ 2000 and ran it in my water test in my sump. Powerful, and extremely quiet...

Good to know! I really want it to be quiet. I just want to make sure that if an overflow is rated at 300 gph, can have a pump rated at 296.

I THINK it will be ok... Maybe someone else can chime in. Seems like it would be an issue if the pump was putting through MORE gph's than the overflow can handle, then you would have an overflowing display tank...? As long as you have precautionary measures in line to prevent siphon break.

Back
Top Bottom