Good skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Godfrey

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for a good quality, easy to adjust, and reasonably priced skimmer for an 80 gal tank. Any suggestions. And any problematic ones to steer clear of.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've had the ASM G1 on my 90g for almost 4 years with no issues. Maybe made 2 adjustments in that time.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've had good luck with Reef Octopus. Used 2 different HOB and 1 in sump through my tank setups.

Bubble Magus I hear are also good for the money.

I've used both aqua euro and AquaMaxx (marine depots brand). Both are well made and moderately expensive. AquaMaxx has been much easier to adjust and the pump is of higher quality. Power spikes and brief outages (common in south Florida) sometimes wreaked havoc on the aqua euro but the AquaMaxx handles them easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My buddy just got an Eshopps Skimmer. He loves i and it works really great. For some reason people can't figure it out, and give it bad reviews. However, Its fairly simple and again, it works really great. Some people are just idiots and can't figure it out I guess!

Back
Top Bottom