Good way to attach background?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hholly

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought some black background plastic sheet from Petsmart. But they didn't stock the adhesive for it. Does anyone know what might work to attach it without air bubbles? I guess I could search other pet stores. But if anyone knows of something easier to find that would work, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

seaview background adhesive works wonders and doesn't cause the backgrounds to wrinkle over time

Clearview is what I've been looking for but none of my LFS carry it. Has anyone else used it before?

I've painted all the backs of my tanks a deep blue. I like it better then taping a background. Only down fall is... Well... Your kinda stuck with it. But I'm happy.

I painted 2 of my friends tanks as well... Just looks better and you can get creative. My latest tank I used 2 colors and sprayed them on so there's a light blue and a deep blue. When the light hits it you can see the hint of contrast.

I decided to take the other background back and paint mine. I'm feeling creative. :) thanks for all the suggestions!

the seaview actually looks exactly the same as clearview, available at petco

I can't remember which I used but over a short period of time, it has become detached not only in the corners and on the edges, but also in the middle of the backing, too. I used that stuff in order to get the alleged 3D effect, but I'm not so impressed that I'll ever use it again.

I don't really know about the that kind of paint. I tried latex and some krylon before I found something that worked. The krylon just ran and wouldn't stick and the latex cracked and just came off like tape. It was weird, but I ended up using rustolem and it worked great.

Back
Top Bottom