Got a new 265 gal tank. What filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike Koepp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to this forum and find it very helpfull. I am looking into setting up my new tank. Everywhere I call I can't get answers for everything. I searched and found this forum.

Here are some of my starter questions. Please feel free to agree or disagree so I can learn. Please consider me a newbie.

I have two Emperor 400 filters already and I am looking for a canister to run with them. Low maintance and the electric bill is also thought.

I am going to run a 265 freshwater tank with Muskies, Walleyes, Perch, Bluegills, etc. More or less pond fish. I am a 46 year old fishing guide and want to see what I fish for all the time. LOL

What would be my best choise?
Eheim Pro 3 2080
Eheim Pro 3 E 2078
Eheim 2260
FX5 maybe?

Watt is 30 or 50 watts. Should I be thinks about this?

Looking for any advice at all.

It is legal to have these fish if bought from a premitted fish store or from a fish farm with a permit.

I work with the local DNR and help stock our local lakes. The fish is not the problem, its the unknown variable of filtration. I need to keep this tank clean and stable. I know my variables are somewhat unknown. I want to have a Muskie, a few walleyes, some perch and maybe a few other fish. I will be starting with fish under 5-inches.

I know a bunch of other people who have these fish. Muskie are lean mean eating machines. The tank will have lots of competition for food. This is why I like see this in my home. I guide for these fish daily and like to see how they act under different situations.

Looking for filter advice please.

Back
Top Bottom