Got my sump done...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally got all the acrylic cut and sealed in. Have yet to see if it leaks yet but here it is as it sits...

2q2nux0.jpg

Well how did I do? First time by the way haha.

Ya its a 20G long. Thanks for the compliments! Thanks for the link match but its going to be quite awhile before I get anything live in there or my big tank :(

Ya its a 20G long. Thanks for the compliments! Thanks for the link match but its going to be quite awhile before I get anything live in there or my big tank :(

haha just save the link, that guy who sell those snails and plants is really friendly, u can actually chat with him before u buy anything.

Well did the leak test... (sorry about the horrible background scenery my girl likes pink...)

So far so good!

img_1026664_0_e8eccccd362942edf7b8f111b5464a81.jpg

Filled the next compartment and no leaks!!!

So I filled er up!

img_1026664_1_18e2f9d096350583784b1acbe7ce6be5.jpg

img_1026664_2_8dd685cf1f355c35ec91b12306e3b7e1.jpg

Set it on the ground so the whole tank is supported, you are just causing stress on that spot with that much weight, not a good thing IMO.

Looks good! Might just copy that when I turn my 20g into a sump! Err...minus one chamber.

Looks good. What size acrylic is that, 3/8?

I know it's just a 20, but please be careful placing it and filling it on a non-flat surface.

I was gonna say "DANG! How did you balance that thing?!" but then I decided not to. XD

It looks nicee. I wish I put in a bubble trap, but too late now.

lol ya I was kinda worried about it but the toilet is actually pretty wide. doesnt look like it in the pic though. Thanks for the tip though! I will do that from now on.

I'm surprised my 29G hasn't broken yet.. (darn, just cursed it LOL) The stand I have it on is warped on the top and theres like a 1/2" gap on the back edge of the tank..

Nice thing about a sump is that leaks between chambers really don't matter. I've had to (well not had to but did anyway) spot seal mine several times over the years.

once it has water in it how do you even know there is a leak? It only fills up to that spot?

Back
Top Bottom