gravel vacuum for hard to reach areas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrFantastic74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a gravel vacuum with an intake that is bendable/adjustable enough or has attachments to really get at those hard to reach areas?

I have some driftwood "caves" with plants over and around them, and I find it a pain to have to move everything around whenever I need to vacuum underneath them. If I could get an angled gravel vacuum that could reach, it would do me well.

I have had to reduce the turbulence in my tank for the fish I keep (by placing a filter sponge in front of the outflow), and a consequence of this is that more "crap" builds up under the driftwood areas where there is less water movement.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
How big is tank?

11 gallons.

I have this fairly large (fake) driftwood structure in the tank that looks cool, and it provides a nice cave system for my fish to hide when they are feeling shy. My tank is situated under a shelf that makes it difficult for me to move our remove the driftwood without having to move the whole tank itself. That's why I'd like to be able to simply vacuum underneath the driftwood without having to move it every time. An angled vacuum head would be awesome.

You could just use the airline tubing that came with the gravel vac .. But I suppose that would suck up gravel along with water. OR! you could buy an angled piece of pvc

Sent from me quietly wishing I was a fish

You could just use the airline tubing that came with the gravel vac .. But I suppose that would suck up gravel along with water. OR! you could buy an angled piece of pvc

Sent from me quietly wishing I was a fish

I was thinking of fitting an angled piece if pvc on there, but I have to find something that fits snuggly. Or else I could silicone it in place.

I have a hard plastic tube inlet on a (petrol) siphon hand pump. It was from the lfs. If the plastic inlet tube was more bendy it would do the job you are after. Unfortunately have thrown away the packet with name.

Back
Top Bottom