Great deal on lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jchillin said:
Whoa nelly...am I reading that right? That's an incredible deal.

Hey, I do what I can :D They have stronger ones too.

ace1uno_00 said:
Would that be better for a 80 gallon planted tank or a 55 gallon planted tank?

Depends on how many watts per gallon you want. The 220 watt would be 2 wpg on a 55, and less on an 80. They have higher watt models too for a little more if you need a higher wpg.

its 4 wpg for a 55gallon that is very high light for plants.. and its 2.75 wpg for a 80 gallon wich is enough to grow right about anything.. just rember that if it comes with bulbs they will probably not be the kind you need for plants they come with actinic bulbs.. youll need to replace them.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

greenmagi said:
its 4 wpg for a 55gallon that is very high light for plants.. and its 2.75 wpg for a 80 gallon wich is enough to grow right about anything.. just rember that if it comes with bulbs they will probably not be the kind you need for plants they come with actinic bulbs.. youll need to replace them.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, I'm dumb.

Good deal, I just bought the same lights off ebay, same price. I would have saved $2 shipping and could have bought the bulbs I wanted off the site..oh well.. I see they have the ODYSSEA lights. I noticed on the negative feedback on ebay those lights seem to have a few wiring problems and can cause problems, so i decided to go with the jebo lights. I read on a forum that jebo lights can run hot though.

I just bought an oddyssea for my 55 and I was not happy! I sent it back and am ordering a Coralife.

Oddysea's Jebo is the brand.. its new to me though.. what was wrong with the light you had Dr.Nate? the price difference is big between oddysea's jebo and coralife.. It would have to be a problem I couldnt fix for me to send it back to buy the other.. :mrgreen: you can get these elsewere by the way if you are leary about aquatraders..e-bay has some users that have great feedback scores selling these at the same good prices..

When i read nasty feedback on EBAY with the ODYSSEA lights, one guy complained it nearly burned his house down, 2 others complained of shoddy wiring inside. I checked the Jebo light for negative feedback and all i could find was broken bulb issues.

sorry, thought there was a misunderstanding.. very ok.. Just wondering lexus's are suppose to be of better quality than toyota's right?

Maybe they are pushing the limits with the Odyssea Vs the Jebo. From what I read they are using the same bulbs just a different Balllast. Maybe a bad batch or maybe Jebo has better quality checks or maybe they use the same wiring size for both lights and it generates too much heat because of the increased wattage. I'm glad I read the feedback though because I almost went with the ODYSSEA lights. Besides 220 watts will be enough for a 90 gallon with fish only.

Back
Top Bottom