Gurgling, Burping, Noisey Megaflow Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JLR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

This is my first post to the forum. I have read lots of great advice!

I just setup my 90 saltwater tank after about 1 year of collection equipment, and moving. When I turned on the equipment, I noticed a very loud bubbling, burping sound coming from the wet/dry filter. The water is rushing down the hose and creating a lot of bubbles. I bought the tank with the Megaflow kit in the overflow box. The water is very loud coming down the hose and then burps air when it hits the wet/dry.

What modifications (if any) can I make to smooth out the flow into this filter? I have seen many systems like this and they are very quiet and the flow is much more controlled.

Thanks!
JLR

equipment:
90 Oceanic Tank with overflow
Coralife Super Skimmer 125
UV Twist UV Steralizer
Rio 3100 return pump w/ 3/4 return line and inline ball valve
Megaflow Standpipe and return kit

If you turn the flow down does it stop? You might want to increase the hole slightly in the top of the overflow kit to allow more air to pass without being sucked in.

Hello,

I actually went and bought a ball-valve to control the flow better. that helped slightly. It still surges and burps down into the filter. The hose seems very noisey also. Is there any size that i should increase the hole to?

Thanks!
JLR

Back
Top Bottom