H.o.b. Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizzepi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just purchased a Aquaclear 70,I also have a Magnum350 can.filter.The Aquaclear comes highly rated but the noises make it not so.I cant seem to stop the gurgling sound coming from air bubbles in the intake tube.If anybody experienced this and have solved the problem please share.It is seated properly.I might wind up returning this,Thanks

Just purchased a Aquaclear 70,I also have a Magnum350 can.filter.The Aquaclear comes highly rated but the noises make it not so.I cant seem to stop the gurgling sound coming from air bubbles in the intake tube.If anybody experienced this and have solved the problem please share.It is seated properly.I might wind up returning this,Thanks

Try turning it off, empting the tubes and restarting it.

I also find the angle of the filter can make a difference to the noise. There should be a little plastic thingy that you can clip on the bottom to adjust the angle. Loud gurgling is not normal, you should be able to improve that :)

Sounds like you have a air pocket. Make sure the intake tube is installed correctly (clips into place), then move from the "high" to "low" speed to try and get the bubble out.

You just need some little adjustment. Great purchase on a filter!

Thanks for the advice,i was watching the intake and noticed the bubbles from my bubble wand was being sucked up by the intake tube so i put a foam pre filter over the tube so now the air bubbles break up before going into tube.it is so quiet now.

Back
Top Bottom