Hagen CO2 Canisters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hilroy50

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am attempting to lower my ph and kh by just a few points. I currently am at 8.0 for ph and 200ppm kh. I'm wondering if I used a couple of these units I could lower both those value to something like 7.2 ph and 125 ppm kh. I have a 33 gal tank. I have also started some live plants with approx 1watt per gal. It's a Hagen Power Glo

a few hagens will help lower your ph, though I'm not sure by how much exactly. Search the forum for DIY co2, its way cheaper than buying hagens. Also, putting peat in your filter will help too

Why not do a full co2 instead of diy.
In the long run using the hagen packets will cost you more and are not near as effective as a canister and regulator

CO2 is not going to actually lower your KH, but your KH is what will help keep your pH stable so it is not necessarily a bad thing. When you are dosing CO2 you have to keep a very close eye on pH and KH, including doing a test in the morning before lights-on to make sure it does not go too high when plants are not photosynthesizing (though with 1wpg you gotta stick with the very low light plants).

To answer your question, I don't think you will get your pH down to 7.2, but maybe 7.4 or 7.6, but I certainly don't know for sure. DIY will work, 2 Hagens will work, and pressurized will work - totally depends on how much work you want to do and how much money you want to spend. The best way to lower KH would be to mix with RO water for water changes.

I like livebearers and Africans so I would like to switch water with you, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom