Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to chris stevens
Halide mounting

I'm going to purchase the new Current USA Sunpod system (two 150 HQI) which comes with mounting legs that mount the lamp 2" above the tank. The top of my tank is acrylic - am I going to have issues with the acrylic warping? Alternatively, am I going to have problems with the light being too intense? I have nepthea, trumpet and bubble coral near the top of the tank. If 2" is too close, does anybody make mounting legs that mount the lamp higher? i want to avoid hanging it if i can.

the field of unpopular music is wide open
chris stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I made mounting hardware for my lights using angle and square tube aluminum purchased at lowes. 2" is way to close for acrylic.

*The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
*If guns kill people...Spoons make Michael Moore fat.
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hackteck
i might have to make a rack to go over my aquarium to hold my light its 15" wide and my aquarium is only 13" i forgot to measure it before i got it, i got the orbit hqi 562 watt 48"
hackteck is offline   Reply With Quote

halide, mounting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com