Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #1

Hanging ideas for twin halides

Hi, just wondering if anyone on this forum has used any other ways of hanging your lights?
I've just bought myself some 120w twin halides with blue LEDs on and I'm not sure I can hang it from the ceiling, was just looking for other ways of hanging them, or if there are any support legs I can put on the side of the tank to sit them on, I've looked online but no luck.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Docking Mounts for Aquarium Lighting | Marine Depot

Old 04-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

I went and bought 2 heavy duty plant hangers that sorta matched our decor, screwed them into the wall studs and hung the lights from them.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygral
I was interested in a few things on there but then I seen its an American site thank you for the link anyway, gonna see if they sell something similar over here, no doubt they won't. Lol
Old 04-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_AF
I went and bought 2 heavy duty plant hangers that sorta matched our decor, screwed them into the wall studs and hung the lights from them.
That's a good idea, gonna have to see if I can get one big enough, I think my tank is 24inch front to back so will need one about 15" with the little gap between the tank and wall. Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have these

Current Hanging Arm Lighting Assembly, Aquarium Lighting Power | PetSolutions
Old 04-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #7

That would be perfect, I was thinking about getting something similar made, gonna measure the tank up again tonight but I think I would need the arm to stretch over the tank about 3 more inches so it'll be in the centre, but then would 3inches matter that much? Lol
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just setup those brackets today on my tank and they are a little off as far as being dead square centered. The bars don't extend over the tank quite enough, but then again the tank is 2 feet from back to front. It looks ok though. Here is what it looks like mounted

Old 04-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I just setup those brackets today on my tank and they are a little off as far as being dead square centered. The bars don't extend over the tank quite enough, but then again the tank is 2 feet from back to front. It looks ok though. Here is what it looks like mounted
That looks good, I like that, gonna try find sone over here in the uk today. My tank is also 2ft from back to front so I should be ok what size tank is that? Looks similar to mine.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's a 60g cube tank.

My lfs makes his own bars but it's an involved process so I went the expensive and easy route getting the bars already bent and ready. lol

Good luck in your search!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com