Hanna Testers-Whats the word?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I already own one of these

Hanna Checker Phosphate PO4 Colorimeter - English

I am considering getting the calcium and alkalinity ones in addition.

I really like my phosphate checker it seems to b really super accurate, was using salifert before and the readings are consistent.

Does anyone think the other testers they have are as accurate? They are like $50 each so I wanted to be sure before i further entertain the idea. LOL

Anyone have thse and what's the word on them? Worth it or not. Keep in mind I'm running 4 sw tanks so it's kinda a hassle to keep doing the long drawn out tests.

Thanks everyone!!

Thank you so much Capt! that was exactly what I needed. I don't know how you guys find this information so quickly! lol

It would appear that the phosphate tester is dead on and the alkalinity reads a bit high. I may pick up the hanna alk test anyways, maybe see how large the swing is compared to salifert testing, I'm guessing they will come out with similar results.

I can only assume that the calcium test will also come in relatively close in results.

seems like a great little device, surprised that more people don't use them. The cost per test is also comparable as well. I paid $28 for 100 test reagents for my phosphate tester.

Thanks so much for the information, I soo appreciate it!

Now to add these guys back to my shopping cart! LOL

What shopping cart? Got another buy going? LOL. I'm making water and getting ready to use my new Phosphate tester. :)

I want to get the other Hanna's also but a little at a time. I wish they had them for all the tests.

I'm hooked on my phosphate tester and the link shows its dead on so I am very very pleased. :)

Going forward, every member of the group buy is now a "preferred customer" and should receive soms discount on most things. I haven't checked yet though. Gonna do that now . :)

Im just starting to dose the 125g so these little babies are needed badly. os tired of playing with syringes and color matching. lol I;m terrible at it. I like the hanna cause it will display the digital readout in like 3 minutes and it's timed so no guessing on time or colors.

Cool, well soon as I catch up on all my subscriptions, I'm going to be opening my boxes from BRS.

I'm almost done making water. Gonna use the new salt to mix, then take out my Hanna pH and see where it falls. I got bad algae. So am looking to see where the phosphates are.

Did your Hanna Phosphate Tester come pre-calibrated? My pH one did but I think I may recalibrate it just to be sure.

Yep, pre calibrated. You put in the water, hit a button, then add the reagents then push a button. Ta da, youre done. In 3 minutes the digital ppm pops right up. :)

Awesome. No reagents for the pH tester. Turn on, dip and swirl in water, wait for clock to go off the display and as you say "Tad Da" lol.

As a side note, we still have group buy pricing on BRS if theres anything you forgot. lol I'm still on the fence about ordering the 2 hanna testers. that's like $100 plus the extra reagents and shipping. I just got my refund today for the first order. :-D Still don't believe I won something.

Well I am having a problem with the reactor I got.

I got six packets of reagents with the tester and ordered the pack of 25. So that gives me 31 tests. Was going to test phosphates before pwc and after but changed my mind to save money.

When it's time for more reagents check out marine depot. I got 100 packets for $28 which I think is a fine price.

Back
Top Bottom