Hannah checkers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Id skip the calcium one. I know Hank has that one and he says it's a bit tough to use. I didn't know they have a magnesium one so I can't comment on that one but the phosphate and alkalinity one are fantastic. I use both of those and will never go back to titration tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have all elos and like it. I'm having a hard time with calcium. I keep high readings but it could be user error. Its my first time trying it

Maybe calcium is just a hard test to do?

The last 3 times I tested calcium I had a readout of 550 and all the research I've done its impossible to have a reading of 550. I believe I was told if I had a high reading like that my water would be super cloudy which its not.

I'd just use the Hanna Low Range, and thats all. There are more than enough others out there cheaper to use. Also, once your system is up and running why test more than once a month??

I agree, but my system is relatively new and I'm still trying to get things smoothed out. A lot of people recently have recommended the Hannah checkers to me, so I thought it was worth exploring since I was so frustrated with my Red Sea kit.

I don't have the mag checker. Can't speak on it.
As for the calcium, it is simply a test that has several steps no matter what you do. Nature of the beast.
Get what you know you will use often. I use my alk one more than anything g else. With that said, it is monthly maybe. What I DO use often is my Milwaukee digital refractometer. Weekly and amazing. Everyone should own one.

I was actually looking into that as well. I think when doing weekly water changes this tool is very handy. I will invest in one soon

Back
Top Bottom