Hardware - Canister, heater, powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
As always I have a few questions I was hoping I could get some help/opinions from.
And as always here's the situation;
So I have a 29 gallon tank. I have a HOB and a 100watt long heater, I'm planning on making the background black soon (still haven't decided between paint and a petstore black background for those wondering).

But I hate all the hardware showing in the tank!!!!!!!
So does anyone have a canister filter they know of or use on a smaller tank (hat would fit on m 29?) yet still big enough i can get the heater in as well?

Otherwise I'll keep the hang on back, shorten the nosal, add some mesh to prevent fish getting sucked up, and add a powerhead to push more water and debris around.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Adam

You won't be able to put a heater inside of a canister filter. They are closed and sealed, so there's no way to have the heater's power cord come out.
They do make in-line heaters though. They just plumb into either the intake or return hose of the canister filter and heat the water as it passes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ah the inline heater is what I was looking for! and may be a future purchase! for now I will deal with what I've got as I just bought a new laptop and enough dosing materials for awhile (hopefully). but those two things were exactly what Iw as looking for!!! thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom