Hardware Value

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keimaxbode

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to upgrade by 100 gallon and found this listed on CL. Can anyone tell give me their opinion on the listing price of this package? I am interested in converting it back to saltwater. I just don't want to pay a lower initial price only to find I'm spending more to add needed pieces.

Ad:

This tank was first used for saltwater, it is now used as a fresh water tank. There is a large # of breeding African cichlid and about 8 to 10 synodontis petricola catfish as well as one or two plecos. Theses fish are very hearty fish i only change water every 4 months or so and top off when needed. I want to sell as a whole. Rena 3 chamber filter, Tank, stand, light, 2 poly filters, extra filter floss, food, water conditioner, and a lot miscellaneous stuff for both freash water and saltwater. You must take the fish and I don't care what u do with them ie keep, sell. give away whatever. 84x23x24 it is on the main floor of my house over the basement so it is not too heavy for any floor of your home. 500.00 or best offer.

Seems way high to me. I got my 75g, lids, lights, heaters, magnum 350 canister, misc goodies for $90. He listed it at $350 and I got him down to $90 by the time I left. Low ball them and see what they say. After all, they did say or best offer.

What would you suggest as an offer and what would you not pay over? I'm not in any hurry but don't want to pass a good deal either. I guess what I'm asking is what would be a good deal on this; for example, anything under $???

Try going in at around half or a touch more of the asking price. If he turns your offer down, wait a bit and reoffer. I doubt he will get $500. Just not enough there to make it worth that much.

Back
Top Bottom