Has anyone heard of these lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niccobacci11

Aquarium Advice Freak
am still looking for better lights to go over my 40 gallon breeder reef tank. I have been searching the internet for affordable led lights that would bee able to give me the power to dim the lights, have moon lights, and the full spectrum. I think that I have found a good candidate. Heres the thing my budget is 300 dollars I have looked at the 120w led panels which you can buy for around $120 each but that is just for the blue and white and has only 14,000K which is not good enough for me. However the lights that I found ranges from 14,000K to 20.000K which is ideal for my liking, but before I do buy the lights I would like to Know if anyone has owned these lights. If someone has owned them then i would please ask for a detailed review on fish tank color, heat made by light, coral growth, quality of item, and any other opinions that you may have. Even if you have not owned the light, If you find something about the light that I may have missed please leave a response.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EC70QCE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2ISM7LMJPJMOR

I would not use these. The purple, green and red will make the tank unnatural.
Full spectrum is not necessary for a reef tank. You need only blue light. The rest is for your viewing pleasure, and I don't think anyone wants a purple tank.
The straight blue and white fixtures are dimmable, so you can adjust the white down and have a 20k look if you like.

I do like those lights and how you can pick the colors of the light, but If I wanted to be able to dim them I would have to add on another 30 and it was already out of the range that pushes it a little too far out of my price rang range. I know that Saltwater tanks are not cheap especially reef tanks but I have to have a strict budget.

But thanks for the suggestion. :)

Look at taotronic lights. They are dimmable and should fit right into your budget. They can be found on amazon.

yeah my lfb (local fish buddy) was saying that to me. He has these lights..... http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/sicce-am-serie-650-led-light.html... over his custom 52 gallon aquarium. lets just say that he isn't in a money bind as of right now.

Now i am heading back to the 120w panels. Next time I go to a coral club get together (2 weeks) I think I will shop around and see if i can get some good deal on,a light fixture I will post to tell if I got anything good.

Back
Top Bottom