Has someone ever built an aquarium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i always wanted my very own retro teleFISHion, like this :)

aquarium-TV.jpg

Awesome thread! :popcorn:

The huge betta you saw was probably a king betta. They seem to be increasing in popularity and I've seen them for sale at Petco recently.

I'm not sure if I missed it..how much water does this hold?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
quick q what's that light on the top of the tank?

Lol just a flashlight for now so u could see what's going on :)

Emclenaghan said:
I like the marbles! They still look sort of like gum balls. Your set up is coming along nicely!

Thanks :) I thought they were cool :) plus some of those machines have bouncy balls an marbles... I'm cool with it ;)

siva said:
Awesome thread! :popcorn:

The huge betta you saw was probably a king betta. They seem to be increasing in popularity and I've seen them for sale at Petco recently.

I'm not sure if I missed it..how much water does this hold?

Oh ;) i just know I've never seen one so big lol! Um it's roughly four? I believe ... Hard to measure lol

what would be sweet is if you can have a small sump filter inbuilt somehow, or maybe sit the gumball machine on a small box which houses the filters/heaters.

plumb it straight up the middle of the machine, silicone the pipe's into the bottom of the aquarium bowl so the whole thing is completely hidden from view

you get heater + improved filtration, and a totally clean look in the tank itself.
it doesnt need to be big, just a little 10L / 2gal tank hidden away in a small stand underneath.

Oblivion said:
what would be sweet is if you can have a small sump filter inbuilt somehow, or maybe sit the gumball machine on a small box which houses the filters/heaters.

plumb it straight up the middle of the machine, silicone the pipe's into the bottom of the aquarium bowl so the whole thing is completely hidden from view

you get heater + improved filtration, and a totally clean look in the tank itself.
it doesnt need to be big, just a little 10L / 2gal tank hidden away in a small stand underneath.

That would be cool and would look a lot better :)

kaiofcanada said:
awesome thread!

You know...if you don't get a betta you should consider the flame red cherry shrimp or one of the bright shrimp varieties and some neon tetras. I cant wait to see it all finished.

I also really like that the base lights up. Very nice effect.

Some had said it would be cool to
Seal it all and turn It into an aquarium but I too loved the rope lights :) I'm thinking it'll probably be a betta since I have 2 10g ready to stock as well... :D I do want some neons and maybe some shrimp

i can understand how you would want to retain the look of the eye candy in the middle section with the lights n stuff though.

i'd go with 2 clear hoses (one draining, one filling) because the clear pipe would be less visible than any solid coloured pipe.

you could also fit an airline while your at it.

maybe, just maybe, rather than having 2 hoses + an air line grouped together up the middle, you may be able to put all those hoses inside of one larger clear rubber pipe to contain it all as one pipe.

what i'd hope you'd end up with is one larger clear tube straight up the middle, with a nice rounded shape rather than a group of pipes together.

or maybe even get some brightly coloured silicone tube to add to the look, you can get it up to 100mm ID if needed !

-- silicone tube --
silicon-colour-tube.jpg

Lol where do u live? I think u should come fix it for me!!! Hahaha that really sounds awesome

Hey Flossie I don't know if they have Dollar Tree's in your area, but at mine I saw satchels of marbels, all different colors. Might be the place to get your substrate for cheap :)

siva said:
Hey Flossie I don't know if they have Dollar Tree's in your area, but at mine I saw satchels of marbels, all different colors. Might be the place to get your substrate for cheap :)

We do siva and I looked but I didn't really see anything that I wanted... I found some that would be awesome online but I'm probably going to have to wait a while :( my ten gallons are cycled so ill hopefully be stocking them next :D they have been empty a while :( haha

Back
Top Bottom