Has someone ever built an aquarium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm dying to turn my gum ball machine into an aquarium... Wouldn't a betta love it ?? Is it possible??

Attachments

• image-2102802023.jpg
    image-2102802023.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 202
Bettababe1011 said:
How many gallons would that be? At least five?

It's a big gum ball machine... It's probably 4 ft tall

You could turn the entire machine into a fish tank, even the "slide" that the gum ball twirls down after the money is put in. I'm not sure how that would be done or how hard it would be to do it, but that would be really cool!

Viper said:
You could turn the entire machine into a fish tank, even the "slide" that the gum ball twirls down after the money is put in. I'm not sure how that would be done or how hard it would be to do it, but that would be really cool!

Omg that would be awesome... But It has rope lights in it...

Looks like a heck of a big machine. You will have to take into account that the top will need some sure exchange, especially since betas need air access. You thinking normal substrate, our combatting more bubble gum like

Viper said:
Is it possible that you could gut the whole thing and seal it all up?

Idk... Maybe?? The rope lights are really cool. I'll try and post a pic of the whole thing

ShadoeFox said:
Looks like a heck of a big machine. You will have to take into account that the top will need some sure exchange, especially since betas need air access. You thinking normal substrate, our combatting more bubble gum like

I'll probably tube in some air... I was thinking something that looks like gumballs :)

You also need to think about the weight that would put on the base. It might not be a problem, but just thought it should be mentioned.

Mr. Limpet said:
That would look really cool as a tank, but how would you filter it?

Hmm I dunno... I could tube in some air and just clean it frequently ?? Lol Idk ...

jenatron said:
You also need to think about the weight that would put on the base. It might not be a problem, but just thought it should be mentioned.

Yeah,.. Thanks that's why I ask u guys ;) good thought

On tubing in air, betas are labyrinth fish, so they need to surface from time to time. Weird but tech heavy thought, what about installing a kinda mini sump filter thing in the base..

I know, way to complex, but someone reading this just started drawing it in their head... Heh

ShadoeFox said:
On tubing in air, betas are labyrinth fish, so they need to surface from time to time. Weird but tech heavy thought, what about installing a kinda mini sump filter thing in the base..

I know, way to complex, but someone reading this just started drawing it in their head... Heh

What about one of those UGFs that come in one gallon tanks ??

the whole machine...

Idk I just thought it would be awesome... If it's impossible... that's cool but if not... hehehheehe :dance:

Attachments

• DSC_0605.jpg
    DSC_0605.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom