Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
Heater HELP

picked up a heater a walmart because Ididn't want to drive down the mountain tonight to go to pet store any way
its a tetra 30/60
I never seen a heater glow cherry red like this
I'm assuming it's defective so I unplugged it till I can get another ,
I want some input on this as I'm not certain it's safe
I've seen the little red light glow but never the whole heater and I have many in my years
this is in my new tank no stock as of yet

Attachments

• heater 001.jpg
    heater 001.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 81
I would say its working. Since their is nothing in the tank id give it a shot and see if it heats the water like it should and shuts off. Ive never seen one glow that much but all heaters are different.

Last edited:
never seen one like this Guess I'll give it a shot
just looks odd
if it blows it will just kill the GFI circuit I hope lol:whistle:
ty for your input Andrew(y)

well seems the heater is working properly ,
after running it all night the tank is to temp and the heater shut off , I only had concerns because of the way this heater glowed
I never had a heater that looked like a night light before

well seems the heater is working properly ,
after running it all night the tank is to temp and the heater shut off , I only had concerns because of the way this heater glowed
I never had a heater that looked like a night light before

Good i hope it keeps working

Yes. If say it works. I have had yep heaters from Walmart. They were fine but they did glow very orange and they also burnt out in a year.

I currently have Aqueon tank heaters. They don't glow as orange and if they fail Aqueon well replace it.

I usually use ehiem heaters just didn't feel like driving down mountain in a snow storm this is only a temporary heater any how just till I can get a good one

Back
Top Bottom