Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyboi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! :D
So, I was observing my aquarium and found out that my heater wasn't working. I turned it off for 3 days and then it started working again. I got it out of my aquarium and noticed that it has water inside it and the rod has rusted :(
Is it unusable now? Can I still use it my cherry shrimp tank?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd replace. I had a little condensation inside mine where I took the temperature very high to fight white spot and it was ok for years. But rusting is a bad sign. Sounds like it is failing to me.

Hmmm..every forum is saying to replace...guess I'll buy a new one for my shrimps :|
Thx for replying tho ^_^

Sounds grand! Are they expensive your way? I’ve just used cheaper aqua one heaters here. Cost a bit still but not too bad once I get the temperature sorted that it will kick in on.

I don’t know on the expensive ones. They sound nice but I just want something to heat the water?

They aren't expensive but I could've invested in other things by that money xD
Only thing coz of which I was sad is that I bought it only a week ago...

I'm going to that LPS today to buy some cherry shrimp...dunno if they'll refund or exchange :(

I prefer the Aqueon pros...
Not made of glass and pretty reliable . I have over 30 and they last years for me. Some are over 5 years old easy.
They cost much more at stores but are reasonable online..
I agree the week old unit should be returned and refunded.

I miss my old metal Visa Therm, but when it finally quit working no metal heaters were to be found locally. I bought 2 Eheim Jager high impact glass heaters. Cost $32 bucks a peice. So far so good.

I miss my old metal Visa Therm, but when it finally quit working no metal heaters were to be found locally. I bought 2 Eheim Jager high impact glass heaters. Cost $32 bucks a peice. So far so good.

The Aqueon pro is extruded aluminum encapsulated in black plastic....
I had a couple stainless steel heaters and they were great ! But they were more expensive then the pros which usually turn many away...

Thanks everyone! Gotta check out all these awesome heaters ^_^

Back
Top Bottom