Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Steelerfish412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 80
I tried that and it won't stay in the clamp when I do. If the clamps came out a lil further it would work. U can't tell by the pic but the top is leaning out cuz the suction cups hold it tight to the glass
__________________

__________________
Steelerfish412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfish412 View Post
I tried that and it won't stay in the clamp when I do. If the clamps came out a lil further it would work. U can't tell by the pic but the top is leaning out cuz the suction cups hold it tight to the glass
Hmm. Maybe try getting the old suction cups from you're old heater and using those?
__________________

__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Steelerfish412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 80
I just read some reviews on it and a lot of people are saying to fully submerge it. It says that it only has the water lines for some legal reasons or something like that and I'm pretty pissed cuz I way overpaid for it too. I coulda got two off of amazon for the price I paid.
__________________
Steelerfish412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfish412 View Post
I just read some reviews on it and a lot of people are saying to fully submerge it. It says that it only has the water lines for some legal reasons or something like that and I'm pretty pissed cuz I way overpaid for it too. I coulda got two off of amazon for the price I paid.
Yes, I read about that too since I live in canada they have the same restrictions. I suggest not submersing it though, as corrosion might destroy the interior and fry you're fish. It's a precaution to take.
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TheCommunityCichlid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 4,203
Your fish should be fine. I had my heater switched way to high and it got to over 90. I cooled it back to 80 over a few hours and everyone is fine. I like the aqueon pro heaters
__________________
TheCommunityCichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 108
Return it and get two 100w heaters. The next time one breaks it won't be nearly as big of a deal. If it gets stuck on it can't heat the tank up as fast and if it gets stuck off the other one can pick up the slack until you notice.
__________________
Joey P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ian086's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Posts: 3,096
Sounds like your heater jammed on, which is pretty common with 'cheaper' brands. I would go for a good brand and maybe kept a cheap one as a spare...
__________________
Ian086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Perryuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
Return it and get two 100w heaters. The next time one breaks it won't be nearly as big of a deal. If it gets stuck on it can't heat the tank up as fast and if it gets stuck off the other one can pick up the slack until you notice.
Sounds like sound advice to me ...
__________________

__________________
Perryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eat, eater, heater, weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.