heater annoyances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
alright, my heater is acting weird. it is an externaly controlled one

it was acting fine for awhile, but now it seems like it won't maintain a temperature below 84

everytime i try to turn it below 84, i come back later to discover the heater is off and the temp is at room temp

so i'm thinking of just leaving it off for awhile...room temp is at 70 or so (it's been kind of chilly lately

i seriously don't want to keep changing the temperature, so do you guys think a young cory cat and a young bristlenose pleco will be alright between 68-72 degrees for awhile? if i can't get this heater to work right again, i'm gonna have to wait until i can get a new one at least until thursday

I'm not sure what the weather is where you are, but I know the ambient temp is all over the place here, especially with the house heat off. I recommend getting a cheap heater (about $10-$15) from a lfs to tide you over until you can get the heater you want. This way you'll have a backup heater in case this situation happens again.

Back
Top Bottom