heater clicking/popping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
So tonight I notice my aqueon heater is making noise so i have unplugged it and am going to replace it but my question is why would it be making a popping sound while on?

My second question is what would u guys replace it with maybe a aqueon pro? If not what are some good brands?

Was the heater out of water?

Some really good heaters are titanium, not glass. Fluval has a really great heater, although I've never tried it. I love my aqueon pro heater, it's awesome!! It always has my 40G at the perfect temperature:)

No its in the water when it turns on and u see the element get red (because the tank is dark) it starts popping and clicking really loud?

Race2d said:
No its in the water when it turns on and u see the element get red (because the tank is dark) it starts popping and clicking really loud?

I would definitely take te heater out of the tank immediately just too be safe. A heater breaking in the tank cannot be good! I'm not sure as to why it is clicking, maybe it's defective? Have you tried contacting the company? What kind of heater is it?

A regular aqueon not a pro version and no I have not I might try calling them tomorrow

Remove it immediately it has a short in it somewhere. If it's old toss it and get another. It's not worth risking your life over, it's only a heater.
Namaste,
Gypsy

Back
Top Bottom