Heater condensation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Forgot to ask this earlier. I always unplug my heaters during a water change and yesterday noticed condensation in one of my heaters. I have two as my place is cold in the winter. The heater is a 300w Aqueon submersible. The heater seems to be working ok as temperature is stable. The condensation is towards the top where the power indicator light is located. Is this normal?

I figured as much. Do you think it matters that it only happens during a water change when the water is below the minimum water level?

Amicus said:
I figured as much. Do you think it matters that it only happens during a water change when the water is below the minimum water level?

Sounds strange that it only happens then. I still wouldn't use it anyway. It may get worse or blow while your not at home one day and that would be disastrous.

I have an aqueon heater, and have had the same problem. Never did anything with it and it has been up and running fine for nine months.

My opinion is always err on the side of safety when it comes to high wattage fish tank heaters. If they go bezerk when you are sleeping, or at work during the day, you can easily come home to fish soup :(

Please keep a very close eye on it and your tank.

i found water inside on of my aqueon heaters as well, no idea when it got in there.

Back
Top Bottom