Heater Exploded!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

98kshooter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just had an Aquarium Heater basically blow it's top! The unit blew and popped open, and in removing it I took a nasty shock. I don't think it got the fish as they are acting well. Im not...still twitching lol.....But water that ws in the heater got in the tank spurring a 50% or better water change in a hurry. This particular heater came in a Marineland 10 gal kit, so if you have one you may wanna keep an eye on it!

Just had an Aquarium Heater basically blow it's top! The unit blew and popped open, and in removing it I took a nasty shock. I don't think it got the fish as they are acting well. Im not...still twitching lol.....But water that ws in the heater got in the tank spurring a 50% or better water change in a hurry. This particular heater came in a Marineland 10 gal kit, so if you have one you may wanna keep an eye on it!

Wow, glad your ok! And your fish too!

Was the heater above the water line any? Heaters will crack, split open or in your case, explode if left out of the water for too long.

And yes, glad you and your fish are alright!

Back
Top Bottom