Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Digital is just easier to read, and more accurate than ones that stick on the outside of the tank. Plus it's always on. Yeah, the glass always has the risk of breaking.

This is what I ordered:
Aquarium Water Temperature: Coralife Digital Thermometer

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy
Digital is just easier to read, and more accurate than ones that stick on the outside of the tank. Plus it's always on. Yeah, the glass always has the risk of breaking.

This is what I ordered:
Aquarium Water Temperature: Coralife Digital Thermometer
Thats the same one I was looking at. Lol. Do you ever have any problems with it? Or with your fish playing with it?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have it in my sump so no fish playing with it. Only had it for a few days now.. can't really comment on problems with it lol.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

so new issue or question with my heater a Aqueon pro 150 heater is that it has the light that changes from red when it is heating to green when it should be at temp well. When it is at green and even just by touch alone the water is way warmer then when the light is red and it is supposed to be heating. So does thin indicate that A. I need a bigger heater (I have heard that a bigger heater will not have to struggle with keeping the water temp up. B. Get a second 150 to put on the other side of the tank so it does not have to work so hard to heat that much of the tank.

Any ideas?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

So just went ahead and swapped out the Aqueon pro 150 heater for Aqueon pro 200 heater heating up now so we will see if it makes much difference. Also broke down and got one of those in tank stand up thermometers. So now I have 2 stickers and the stand up one. If all else fails will just get a digital thermometer. Also have the intake thermometer on the other side of the tank then the heater is on.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

So new in tank thermometer reads 80 should I turn the heater down?
Old 06-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wouldn't be concerned with it if that was the peak reading. But yeah, it should be lower. You might not be able to get it lower (without cooling) due to room temperature and the heat put off by the pumps and stuff. But, turn the heater down 2 degrees and see if it goes down to 78.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Shoei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter4158098 View Post
Right now I have a Aqueon pro 150 heater. The dial is set at 82-84. I have two sticker thermometer that both read 78. My question is. Is it to small for my tank. I bought it online from PETCO and my local store says that they will exchange it (plus the difference) for a larger one say a pro 200 heater. Should I switch or am I ok?

Any ideas?
Good trick to test the thermometer probe for accurate reading stick it in a cup of ice full then add cold water should read 32 degrees if higher you know the heater is defective and should exchange it other than that you dont need a larger heater that one is fine.

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, eat, eater, heater, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com