HEATER HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jramatized

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I have ai new modle 100 watt whisper heater. Its black and kinda looks like carbon a fiber hood lol and it can go underwater. Anyways the light on it is constantly going off and on. Its brand new I dont know if its supposed to do this or not. I have it all the way up cause Ive been keepin the temp up for ich treatment. There is also an older heater in there it works fine trhe light wont go off til the water is too hot. The new one that keeps going off and on also has a green light that u can only see sometimes when al teh lights are off in the room. anyone know what this is, or what the cxause of it is?
thanks in advance

I had a whisper heater once...and it did the same thing. Didn't maintain a stable temp, and ran very warm, or very cold...no middle ground.

In other words, if it says Whisper...it's junk and you shouldn't buy it. Stick with Visi-therm, Ebo-jager, or Titanium heaters.

So does mine, but in the dark u can see a flash of green for just a sec. I dunno why

Oh.. that means its gonna selfdestruct.. and then cause global warming to spread out of control, then cause the next apocolypse--- actually i have no clue

Hmm...I wonder if what you're seeing is a tiny spark when the heater cuts on? It has contacts that come together inside to power the heating element and there is a small spark when they close. I can't think of anything else it could be although I'm not familiar with this heater. I agree with Malkore...Ebo Jager for a glass tube heater...Won Pro Heat for top of the line titanium.

does it make a small CLICK! sound when it turns on? i also had a whisper heater once,,it worked flawlessly for 1 week until the inner contacts got messed up,,,it almost cooked my fish ,keep an eye on it

I had your same problem ,i use to have a whisper heater and after about a year the light started too flicker like it was burning a fuse or something. The same day it started this it failed,,my current heater is a dual temp by marineland and it makes a "click" sound when it switches on or off.

Back
Top Bottom