heater- how much temp. change is acceptable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cliff0114

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon, I only have feeders in it right now. It is cycled and they are coming out tomarrow or friday and going to start stocking with: Bala shark and other shark types, gouramies (spelling sorry), and other active swimmers all will be 72-82 degree range fish.
I wanted to see how the temp. was with heater off. It stays 72 at night and it got to 76 today. is that to much of a temp. change? or should I turn it on and keep at 76-77 so there is no temp drop? How much is acceptable?

a degree or two is acceptable, IMO. Constant is much much better though. Your best bet is to keep the heater on and keep the tank at a stable temp.

before you get those bala sharks, you might want to do some research on them. 55g is way too small for a bala shark ;)

I have no idea what a bala shark is, but my advice would be to immediately invest in a 76 gallon tank with carbon exchange capabilities and three medium sized panda fish

Yes to heaters on. You want to keep the temp within a 2 degree range. Is 76 the upper range your room will get to?

Back
Top Bottom