Heater ids if possible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm going through all my *spare* equipment collected over the past few months in anticipation of getting the tanks moved & set up finally. These heaters have no identifying marks other than wavy lines or dots so I am hoping someone can help with brands or sizes.
I'm also going to be testing to make sure all are in working order and was wondering what the most effective way to do this was.
Several of the Fluvals have a min & max marking on them so I am *assuming* that even though they look like submersible heaters they are NOT.
Once I am done testing I am hoping you will all pitch in your 2 cents as to which are the best to use in the tanks and which to keep as back ups.
20180524_155730.jpg20180524_155624.jpg20180524_155543.jpg

I would only use the Fluval heaters, and then only as backups. I try to be thrifty, but a bad heater can cause catastrophic results. Might be best to invest in a few new name brand heaters just to be on the safe side. Your collection of heaters looked a little rough.

They look alot worse than they actually are since they need a good descaling. I DO own new heaters these were just acquired as backups mainly, esp the ones pictured for id. There's also 4 Fluval M series, an Aquatop E, 2 Ebo Jagers & 3 Aquatop 50s in the crate to the left. I check temps on my tanks daily for boiling and all tanks are double heatered to prevent freezing. All my electronic equipment is plugged into surge protected power bars so I am hoping that as many issues as possible are covered.

My favorite heaters are the Eheim Jagers. I've only seen submersible EJ' s. Sounds like you got things under control.

Back
Top Bottom