Heater mounting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
i bought myself a hagen elite 150 watt heater with a seperate suction cup mounting bracket and the black rim around my tank gets in the way and the heater dosent click into the top bracket any solutions???? iam a finish carpenter and very handy so let me know

Just lower it so it resides under the rim of the tank. The heater you're using (as well as most heaters) are fully submersible so you can lower it all the way in the water to get it where you want it.

I don't know about max level but there's a water level line. It may be so you don't have the heater too far outside the water. If the heating element is not submersed fully, it will burn out from overheating. There's no water to dissipate the heat. Again, not sure about the Hagen... If all else fails, you could always spring for another tried and true heater. Heaters are an important aspect of the reef system.

i just read that seemed she was having the exact same problem all seems good to submerse everyone seems to say its just canadian regulations must include a max water line but it is in fact submersible i have sent an email to hagen when i get a reply i will post it here thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom