Heater placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henrysdad

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering where is the most efficient place to place the heater in a tank..I've always kept mine near the filter inlet thinking constantly having water flowing over it would create even temp..am I wrong?

Sent from my LGMS345 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've never read where it should be but also like to place or other close to the filter or close to the bubbler to make sure its circulating. In my tanks over 29 gallons I place 2 heaters, one at either end.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's where I have mine as well. I believe I read an article saying the heater should be horizontal or angled and low in tank but I find vertical easier.

I don't like the looks of an angled heater but that's just me. I still have a hard time seeing the cord in the water!

I really don't like the cord, heater, or filter tube honestly.. I try to hide them at all cost

Sent from my LGMS345 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't like the looks of an angled heater but that's just me. I still have a hard time seeing the cord in the water!

Yeah, I've always had submerged heaters. Gotten used to cords going into water but have a safety fuse on power point in case. Think there was a thread I saw recently where someone cleaning pulled the cord and it just popped straight out!! :(

I have mine next to the filter, so that the heated water gets pushed around the tank (bow front)

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also keep mine near the pump I notice the temp stays right where I like it

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom