Heater problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legit Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
i had this heater for 2years now and last year i left out turn on and i burnt myself and the floor. i decided i want to use it again because it is going to get cold again here in new york. it has a black spot on it because it got burnt but it is just the inner glass. and when i got burnt it was out of the tank for like 20 seconds. is it still usable ?

I accidentally left one on when doing a water change. I started smelling something, and I remembered the heater. I unplugged it, and without thinking I splashed water on it. It shattered but luckily the glass held together.

I had given $10 for that heater along with a 10 gallon tank, and a 60 gallon filter.

ok thanks for the help but i dont think the inside shattered as it looks and if i use it can i just use it for today because my fish are tropical and the temperature goes down to 65 sometimes in the house

ok thanks for the help but i dont think the inside shattered as it looks and if i use it can i just use it for today because my fish are tropical and the temperature goes down to 65 sometimes in the house

As long as the glass is not damaged, I would still keep it for a back up. I agree it probably is a good idea to get a new one.

Heaters arnt expensive, why risk it. If it pops, brakes or stops working over night or while your out youll have big problems. At the very least you should try it in a bucket of water fpr a week.

Back
Top Bottom