Heater Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rezis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just put in a heater, and the tank temp is at 78.2 degrees. However there are tiny bubbles formed on the lower half of the heater now. Is this normal?

Yes that is normal. Eventually a coating will form and prevent these bubbles from forming. Most new set ups have those bubbles all over the glass and decor but will go away eventually.

No problem. I was assuming the bubbles were on the outside of the heater. If they are on the inside then you have bigger problems! :)

Well if you run your net along the heater and the bubbles come off then it is the outside. Usually if the heater is cracked you will see some condensation on the inside of the glass. If it was cracked you would probably see some stray voltage in the water. You can check this by putting the positive lead from a multimeter in the tank (I recommend using a paperclip touching the lead so that no contaminates get in) and the negative to ground (bottom prong in a three prong outlet). Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom