heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sisserydoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning when I checked the tanks, I noticed one end of my heater has fallen off and is sitting on the bottom of the tank. It's just a rubber thing, I've always assumed it's just to protect the heater and doesn't really contribute to its operation. Should I try to reattach it, or is it not a big deal. Also, what would hold it on? Superglue?

Could you post a pic maybe? Not sure what rubber thing your referring to unless you mean the suction cups which are known for becoming loose and then falling off. I'm guessing you have a submersible heater so you could leave it in the bottom.

Are you talking about the rubber suction that sticks to the glass?

Yes what rubber thing? If your heater is submersible then leave it. If not unplug it. Do not reach in to get it. Unplug it, pull it out try to fix it I guess??? Also if your heater is allowing electricity to flow through the water your fish will look fine because they are not grounded. You will be though...

I have something like what you described on a couple of my smaller heaters. Its function seems to be to prevent the glass from hitting the tank and possibly breaking or hitting a tabletop when it's out of the tank. If you have the clips, it's no big deal as long as you are careful. I keep mine on in case I get clumsy or something.

Back
Top Bottom