Heater Question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey All,

Pick up the new tank next week and just trying to get everything together. What type of heater do you guys recomend? and should I get 2 of them?

Not sure what the rules are for heaters so any advise will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Ebo-Jager and Visitherm. For anything over about 15-20 gal I like to have two, so the heat is spread more evenly and in case one breaks.

ditto TG. due to experience though, my vote goes to the marineland visitherm heaters. i have one on my 29gal right now, and i plan on getting two of them for my 85. accurate to +/- 1 degree with a good thermostat...

I would get two 150w heaters, unless your house gets really cold.

Big Al's has really great deals on Visitherms, compared to what I pay at the LFS.

Another note, if you submerge it make certain it says on it "submersible" since they are not all that way. I have some Ebo-Jagers that are not submersible, though most of them are now I think.

5 watts per gallon is good rule for heaters. I'd get 2 200 watt heaters for a 90 gal. :)

I'm a 2wpg gal, but I guess I have never been "burned" when it comes to heating (LOL). Tho when I think back, when I was trying to use a heat treatment for parasites I could not get the tank up to temp with the 2wpg, and had to add another heater to get the job done.

Allright, allright, you twisted my arm.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom