Heater Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plumwd

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29G tank that I bought in a kit, which included a heater. Said heater doesn't appear to be working any longer. I'm looking for recommendations for heaters.

Thanks guys!

Aqueon is good for the lifetime warranty. I had one about to give up and they sent an upgraded replacement for free.

+1 on Aqueon Pro. Its a ceramic heating element incased in plastic so its durable! I like that its black and easy to hide. The only downside compared to the other quality heaters is that it doesn't have a thermometer display(so you need a thermometer if you don't already have one).Its just a light that is red when heating and green when at temperature. Oh yeah, for a 29 gallon you want at least 100 watts, 150 wouldn't hurt depending on how cold it gets where you live. Good luck!

Aqueon Pro is what I use in my FW tanks. Eheim Jager is what I use in my reef tank.

Any thermometer suggestions? Like are the ones that sit in the water better than stick on the glass thermometers?
I have a 55 gal that I am going to do angels and small Plecos. Would an aqueon pro 250w be ok?
Do you think that a longer heater would be able to judge temperature more evenly because it is longer therefore read the larger area versus a small heater that doesn't cover as much area?

I would go with Eheim jäger. They are rated for bigger tanks and work perfectly. You can also recalibrate them if they seem to be getting a bit inaccurate.

Any thermometer suggestions? Like are the ones that sit in the water better than stick on the glass thermometers?
I have a 55 gal that I am going to do angels and small Plecos. Would an aqueon pro 250w be ok?
Do you think that a longer heater would be able to judge temperature more evenly because it is longer therefore read the larger area versus a small heater that doesn't cover as much area?

I would get a digital thermometer. Any kind will do. Digital thermometers are more accurate and as far as the heater I would do a 300w to be on the safe side. It will hold your temp more steady

Aqueon Pro heaters have been the best in my experience. I've also used fluval and hydor. No complaints with any.

Back
Top Bottom