Heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I'm looking into buying some heaters for my tanks. I need one for a 5g and one for a 10g (or 2)(This is for the tanks from when I was less experienced or that I currently have a heater for, but it is too big to fit in a normal position). However I'm not plentiful with cash (especially after I'll be spending $31 on fish next week) lol and if I do get 3 heaters, that could be about $60-$90. Are there other, cheaper, heaters than stealth, that work really well? Where are some of the cheaper places to find a heater (already checked cl)?

Ok, so I'm looking into buying some heaters for my tanks. I need one for a 5g and one for a 10g (or 2)(This is for the tanks from when I was less experienced or that I currently have a heater for, but it is too big to fit in a normal position). However I'm not plentiful with cash lol and if I do get 3 heaters, that could be about $60-$90. Are there other, cheaper, heaters than stealth, that work really well? Where are some of the cheaper places to find a heater (already checked cl)?

I'm pretty skeptical about the glass heaters, I've had one break on me and nearly cause a disaster. The Stealth ones are good because they have the automatic shutoff when they are out of the water and the are also not glass so they don't run the risk of cracking or breaking as easily.

If your looking for quality heaters (that aren't Stealth brand) you could try here:
Pet Supplies | Dog & Cat Supplies, Pet Meds | DrsFosterSmith.com Pet Products or
Aquarium Supplies, Pet Supplies and Pond Supplies by That Fish Place - That Pet Place

I have a Stealth heater in my turtle tank and boy does she put a beating on it lol. I've had it for a couple years now and no problems with it.

I bought several Tetra 2-15 gallon heaters at WalMart. I beleive I paid around $5 - $7 over teh last few years. I checked last week and they are now $15 (well $14.77) each. They are preset at 77 degrees, very small and shouldd be great for you. I use them to heat sw mix in 5 gallon buckets so the get banged around alot and generally get abused. Haven't had a problem with one yet.

Well I had a few people tell me they weren't any good, thats why I stayed away from them, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try in my empty 10g qt.

Just cause they're cheap doesn't make them bad. The 3 I have all hold temp at 77 - 78. I think they're great for small tanks or water buckets <g>

I personally like the Marineland heaters... Stealth & Visi-Therms. Great quality and warranty. Dr Fosters & Smith always have great deals on them. Yeah Visi-Therms aren't shatter proof, but if you're not careless in handling your equipment, who cares? If you are or worried about it, get the Stealth for some extra bucks. OR save some money and roll with the Visi-Therm.

+1 for the Sealth. I wasted money on the Tetra ones from WalMart, and I have since replaced them ALL with the Stealths, when I would have just saved more by buying the Stealth in the first place. They went from 75*-82* within two hours! I am suprised my fish even lived until I got the new ones. I would just wait till I had more money, and I would get the Stealth, besides, they look nicer and they have a lifetime warranty. :)

i think the tetra heaters from walmart are either loved or hated. they either work or dont. i have two that work fine, but im replacing them with stealth pro's after seeing how awesome the 300w i have is.

Well Mfd here is giving me a free one that I plan to use on my 5 gallon. I'll test it b4 I add my betta back.

Although i think those rocks are worth more than $15. Especially with labor included lol. Didn't you say you had a 50w and 100w?

Back
Top Bottom