heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
im looking for a good geater for my 110litre tank.
any tips please?
im looking on ebay and there are alot of cheap ones but im not sure if they are any good. please advise.

thankyou for looking

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

IME get a good name brand like Aqueon, Fluval, Jager to name a few. The cheap ones I've had fail and may stick on. Spend more and get one with auto out of water shut off. I run a controller for extra safety, it alarms if it strays from the set points. Good Luck!

IME get a good name brand like Aqueon, Fluval, Jager to name a few. The cheap ones I've had fail and may stick on. Spend more and get one with auto out of water shut off. I run a controller for extra safety, it alarms if it strays from the set points. Good Luck!

+1 I've always used aqueon.

If you have a pet smart near, they have their fluval heaters on sale for 50% off. Picked up a 300w for 23$ and it has worked amazingly. Keeps the temp a steady 78 degrees

I don't know why my first link listed this heater as Quartz but these are titanium heaters and are very reliable. Although I cant speak for higher end Aqueons or Jagers I would personally avoid Fluval heaters, I replaced 3 E series heaters in the span of 2 months for different failures and an inability to keep an accurate tempature and will never purchase a heater from them again. That being said I have had this heater for well over a year and it is very accurate and well made.
http://www.marinedepot.com/ViaAqua_Titanium_Aquarium_Heater_Titanium_Aquarium_Heaters-ViaAqua-VA73334-FIHTTH-vi.html

Jäger from eheim excellent heater. I like the calibration feature you can set so precisely with in 5 degrees +or~. Very good heater in my opinion. Hope it helped you.

I've got a tmc heater on mine digital display and keeps it at 25-26

Heaters are the one thing I would not compromise on in this hobby. It can wipe out your whole tank in no time. I certainly wouldn't buy a cheap heater from Ebay. A heater that I recently bought is an Aqueal Neo-Term. There is an American version called Cobalt Neo-Term. Exactly the same. These are super slim, come up to 200w and are unbreakable(apparently!!)

Heaters are the one thing I would not compromise on in this hobby. It can wipe out your whole tank in no time. I certainly wouldn't buy a cheap heater from Ebay. A heater that I recently bought is an Aqueal Neo-Term. There is an American version called Cobalt Neo-Term. Exactly the same. These are super slim, come up to 200w and are unbreakable(apparently!!)

Where did you get this heater? And how much please? Im from uk

Where did you get this heater? And how much please? Im from uk

They are a little bit more expensive than 'regular' heaters but they look amazing in the tank, especially against a black background. Give me a few minutes and i'll check where I bought it but I know it was in the UK.....

Back
Top Bottom