Heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd go with 2 heaters. Depending on filtration strength it probably won't make much of a difference on how effective 1 vs 2 heaters are at actually heating the aquarium. The upside, however, is if you have 2 and 1 of them craps out... you still have 1 that works so your baby's won't freeze before you notice anything wrong! :wink:

I have one set to 78 and a back-up set to 77 so it only kicks in when the other can't handle the load. (or as a back-up as Atodaj said)

It also gives you more of a buffer zone if the thermostat hangs up in the on position. You might, if you want a really good heater, look at the Pro Heat II by Won. This is a titanium heater tube with a separate temp sensor. It also has a digital temp readout on the control unit. I've been using one in a 180g reef for a while and it has functioned flawlessly so far...I'd buy another one. For glass heaters...Pro Heat, Visi Therm, Ebo Jager...all good units.

Exactly, I recently learned that lesson, no more "budget" heaters for me. :x

Lost my tank when a cheap Ha**n stuck on, while I was away for the Labour day weekend.

Sigh, took the opportunity to completely tear down and clean the tank, it is now busy cycling.

Back
Top Bottom