Heaters went bezerk!!!! Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvincichlids515

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok So I have a 120 gallon african cichlid tank and last week I bought two new clown loaches so that the one I had would have company,well a few days ago I noticed that the two new loaches were developing ich. Ok no big deal I went and bought copper safe and treated the tank and I also turned my heaters to 83 degrees. I have two 300w hydor heaters that I've had for 2 years now. Well this morning I wake up and find that the water temp is 95 degrees and 4 of my fish have been cooked. :eek2:Yikes! I lost my 2 Frontosas including my beloved Bubba J who was my favorite, he was about 5" long and the king of the tank, and I also lost my sexfasciatus and my eureka. So my problem now other than having to buy new fish is to replace the heaters. I am thinking about going with two 300 watt Rena smart filters. Anybody have any advice on these or perhaps something else that you would recommend. Thanks for your help. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom